- A concern for fact or reality and rejection of the impractical and visionary.
- An artistic representation of reality as it is.
- (sciences) The viewpoint that an external reality exists independent of observation.
- (philosophy) A doctrine that universals are real—they exist and are distinct from the particulars that instantiate them.
- (doctrine concerning universals): nominalism
concern for fact or reality
- "realism" in Raymond Williams, Keywords (revised), 1983, Fontana Press, page 257.
realism (genitive [please provide], partitive [please provide])
This noun needs an inflection-table template.
Declension of realism