See also: réception
- The act of receiving.
- (uncountable, electronics) The act or ability to receive radio or similar signals.
- We have poor TV reception in the valley.
- The new system provides exceptional quality of the reception signal.
- A social engagement, usually to formally welcome someone.
- After the wedding we proceeded to the reception.
- A reaction; the treatment received on first talking to a person, arriving at a place, etc.
- The ambassador's jokes met a cold reception.
- 2011 September 29, Jon Smith, “Tottenham 3 - 1 Shamrock Rovers”, in BBC Sport:
- Former Tottenham star Rohan Ricketts came off the Rovers bench with 19 minutes to go to a warm reception from the home fans, six years after leaving the Lane.
- The desk of a hotel or office where guests are received.
- (Britain, education) The school year, or part thereof, between preschool and Year 1, when children are introduced to formal education.
- (law) The conscious adoption or transplantation of legal phenomena from a different culture.
- 1942 October, Levy, Ernst, “Reflections on the First "Reception" of Roman Law in Germanic States”, in The American Historical Review, JSTOR 1843246, page 20:
- Among the numerous receptions of Roman law one event stood out, to the extent that, at least in central Europe, it almost monopolized the term.
- (American football) This term needs a definition. Please help out and add a definition, then remove the text
- 2020 April 24, Ken Belson and Ben Shpigel, “Full Round 1 2020 N.F.L. Picks and Analysis”, in New York Time:
- Henderson can play multiple techniques, man and off, and over the last two seasons, he yielded just 20 receptions, on 44 targets, in single coverage on the boundary, according to Pro Football Focus, making him a prime candidate to start there as a rookie.
- (linguistics) Reading viewed as the active process of receiving a text in any medium (written, spoken, signed, multimodal, nonverbal), consisting of several steps, such as ideation, comprehension, reconstruction, interpretation.
- (desk where guests are received): front desk
act of receiving
electronics: act or ability to receive signals
adoption of legal phenomena from a different culture
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
|Declension of reception|