- (transitive) To say or do (something) for a second time, such as for emphasis.
- 2012 April 23, Angelique Chrisafis, “François Hollande on top but far right scores record result in French election”, in the Guardian:
- He said France clearly wanted to "close one page and open another". He reiterated his opposition to austerity alone as the only way out of Europe's crisis: "My final duty, and I know I'm being watched from beyond our borders, is to put Europe back on the path of growth and employment."
- You never spoke what did become you less / Than this; which to reiterate were sin.
- (transitive) To say or do (something) repeatedly.
- Synonym: repeat
- That with reiterated crimes he might / Heap on himself damnation.
to say or do for a second time
to say or do repeatedly
reiterate (plural reiterates)
- (botany) A tree with vertical branches alongside the main trunk and which continue to grow upwards.