- To make a copy (replica) of.
- On entering a host cell, a virus will start to replicate.
- (sciences) To repeat (an experiment or trial) with a consistent result.
- (obsolete) To reply.
to make a copy of
replicate (plural replicates)
- The outcome of a replication procedure; an exact copy or replica.
- (music) A tone that is one or more octaves away from a given tone.
- (botany, zoology) Folded over or backward; folded back upon itself.
- a replicate leaf or petal
- the replicate margin of a shell
- replicate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- replicate in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911