See also: résistant
resistant (plural resistants)
a person who resists
- Which makes resistance or offers opposition.
- Which is not affected or overcome by a disease, drug, chemical or atmospheric agent, extreme of temperature, etc.
- The infection is resistant to antibiotics.
- (statistics) Not greatly influenced by individual members of a sample.
Derived terms edit
that which makes resistance
that which is not overcome by a disease or drug
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
See also edit
- “resistant”, in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, Springfield, Mass.: G. & C. Merriam, 1913, →OCLC.