rewrite (plural rewrites)
- The act of writing again or anew.
- The film script underwent a rewrite for the European market.
- Something that has been written again.
something that has been written again
- (transitive) To write again, differently; to modify (a piece of writing or music, etc.).
- The editor asked me to rewrite my article for a non-technical audience.
- (transitive) To write out again (without changes).
- The verb "restate" has analogous senses "to state again" and "to rephrase, to state again differently".
write again, differently
write again, without changing
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.