From Old Spanish rodiella, from Late Latin rotella, diminutive of Latin rota (“wheel”).
- IPA(key): (most of Spain and Latin America) /roˈdiʝa/, [roˈð̞i.ʝa]
- IPA(key): (rural northern Spain, Andes Mountains) /roˈdiʎa/, [roˈð̞i.ʎa]
- IPA(key): (Buenos Aires and environs) /roˈdiʃa/, [roˈð̞i.ʃa]
- IPA(key): (elsewhere in Argentina and Uruguay) /roˈdiʒa/, [roˈð̞i.ʒa]
rodilla f (plural rodillas)
- knee (joint or region of the joint in the middle part of the leg between the thigh and the shank)
- Synonym: (formal) hinojo