self-proclaimed (not comparable)
- Announced by oneself, usually without recognition by others.
- Synonyms: self-styled, soi-disant
- He was self-proclaimed king of the mountain. Since it was a mountain of garbage, nobody else wanted the title anyway.
- 2020 April 8, Anthony Lambert, “National parks: rail can keep the cars away”, in Rail, page 52, photo caption:
- The small town of Pitlochry is the self-proclaimed gateway to the Scottish Highlands and the Cairngorms National Park.
announced by oneself