shneid (plural shneids)
- (informal, US, sports) A losing streak, especially a hitless period in baseball.
- 2001, Ilana Abramovitch; Seán Galvin, Jews of Brooklyn, page 315:
- Danny Kaye was an avid baseball fan, passionately devoted to his beloved Brooklyn Dodgers who broke the shneid by beating the Yankees in the previous World Series.
- 2003 March 21, “Cal Tennis Welcomes Purdue”, in dailycal.org:
- Cal is 3-0 all-time against the Boilermakers and is in a good position to keep Purdue on the shneid.
- 2005 December 3, “Jaaber, Penn turn back Navy”, in Philadelphia Daily News:
- [Eric Osmundson] has to get off the shneid, David [Whitehurst] has to help us, and even Ibby's better than 2-for-7. Hopefully, it'll start to come.