- Similar in appearance or texture (especially in softness and smoothness) to silk.
- cloth with a silky lustre
- silky hair
- Smooth and pleasant; seductive.
- a silky wine
- silky skills
- (botany) Covered in long, slender, glistening hairs pressed close to the surface; sericeous.
similar in texture or appearance to silk
silky (plural silkies)
- Alternative spelling of
- silky in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- “silky” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
- “silky” in Microsoft's Encarta World English Dictionary, North American Edition (2007)
- Random House Webster's Unabridged Electronic Dictionary (1987-1996)