sillon (plural sillons)
- (military, historical) A work raised in the middle of a wide ditch, to defend it.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Crabb to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for sillon in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
sillon m (plural sillons)
- (agriculture) furrow
- groove, fissure
- sillons d'un disque ― record grooves
- le sillon alpin ― (please add an English translation of this usage example)
- (urbanism) corridor
- le sillon lorrain ― the Lorraine corridor