- A particular amount, often a large or excessive amount.
- How could you eat so much?
- There is only so much you can remember.
- A demonstrated amount.
- "So much", he replied, sprinkling a small pile of the powder on the table.
- To a certain degree or extent
- Identical twins are so much alike, it is difficult to identify them.
- I feel so much better.
to a certain degree or extent
- To such a quantity, degree etc.
- There has been so much snow, I can't open the door.
to such a quantity or degree