statement (plural statements)
- A declaration or remark.
- A presentation of opinion or position.
- (finance) A document that summarizes financial activity.
- a bank statement
- (computing) An instruction in a computer program.
(Can we add an example for this sense?)
- See also Wikisaurus:statement
Terms derived from statement
declaration or remark
presentation of opinion or position
finance: document that summarizes financial activity
computing: instruction in a computer program
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- (transitive) To provide an official document of a proposition, especially in the UK a Statement of Special Educational Needs.
- statement in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- statement in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911