See also: Steely
- Having qualities resembling those of steel, especially hard and resolute.
- The bully backed down before his steely gaze.
- steely grey hair
- Sir Philip Sidney
- She would unarm her noble heart of that steely resistance against the sweet blows of love.
- 2017 June 11, Ben Fisher, “England seal Under-20 World Cup glory as Dominic Calvert-Lewin strikes”, in the Guardian:
- Freddie Woodman was ultimately the hero after making a superb 74th-minute penalty save to deny Adalberto Peñaranda. Woodman, the son of former Northampton Town goalkeeper Andy and godson of Southgate, made a steely left-handed save from the spot-kick after Dominic Calvert-Lewin had given England a first-half lead.
- Made of steel.
- Broach'd with the steely point of Clifford's lance.
- Around his shop the steely sparkles flew.