From Middle English strumpet, strompet, strumpett. Further origin uncertain; possibly from Middle Dutch strompen (“to stalk”) or strompe (“stocking”); or Late Latin stuprum (“violation”) or stuprare (“to have an affair”).
strumpet (plural strumpets)
- A female prostitute; a woman who is very sexually active.
- A female adulterer.
- A mistress.
- (derogatory) A trollop, a whore.
- See also Wikisaurus:prostitute
- See also Wikisaurus:promiscuous woman
- See also Wikisaurus:sexual partner
- (obsolete, transitive) To debauch.
- (obsolete, transitive) To dishonour with the reputation of being a strumpet; to belie; to slander.
- With his untrue reports, strumpet your fame.