- (informal) Perplexed, at a loss.
- Synonyms: at a loss, baffled, bemused, bewildered, confused, flummoxed, lost, nonplussed, perplexed, puzzled
- I'm stumped by this question.
- 2018 December 28, Catherine Shoard, “Keira Knightley: 'I can’t act the flirt or mother to get my voice heard. It makes me feel sick”, in The Guardian:
- So if women don’t come on flirty or maternal, she thinks, some men get stumped.
- (cricket, of a batsman, not comparable) out as a result of the wicket-keeper breaking the wicket with the ball while the batsman is out of his crease.
- simple past tense and past participle of