- (intransitive) To yield to an overpowering force or overwhelming desire.
- succumb to temptation
- succumb under misfortunes
- Thai culture as in many other Asian cultures, is succumbing to the influence of westernization.
2011 December 21, Tom Rostance, “Fulham 0 - 5 Man Utd”, in BBC Sport:
- Jones was called into action to deny Ruiz with a fine tackle before succumbing to his injury.
- (intransitive) To give up, or give in.
- (intransitive) To die.
- succumb to pneumonia
- (transitive) To overwhelm or bring down.
- (die): See also Wikisaurus:die
to yield to an overpowering force or overwhelming desire
to give up, or give in