- For example.
- Waterbirds, such as the duck or the gull, are common in the area.
- 2013 July 26, Nick Miroff, “[http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/23/mexico-insect-cuisine-sustainable-food Mexico gets a taste for eating insects […]”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 7, page 32:
- The San Juan market is Mexico City's most famous deli of exotic meats, where an adventurous shopper can hunt down hard-to-find critters such as ostrich, wild boar and crocodile.
- Like, of the kind mentioned.
- I was never in a country such as that.
- 1898, Winston Churchill, chapter 4, in The Celebrity:
- No matter how early I came down, I would find him on the veranda, smoking cigarettes, or […] . And at last I began to realize in my harassed soul that all elusion was futile, and to take such holidays as I could get, when he was off with a girl, in a spirit of thankfulness.
In the sense of “for example”, such as is preferred to like in formal writing.
for example — see for example