- (physics) A force which pushes matter from one space into another because the pressure inside the second space is lower than the pressure in the first.
- (physics) A force holding two objects together because the pressure in the space between the items is lower than the pressure outside that space.
- The process of creating an imbalance in pressure to draw matter from one place to another.
- (dentistry) A device for removing saliva from a patient's mouth during dental operations, a saliva ejector.
- (informal) influence; "pull".
the process of creating an imbalance in pressure to draw matter from one place to another
- To create an imbalance in pressure between one space and another in order to draw matter between the spaces.
- To draw out the contents of a space.