Audio (US) (file)
- (manner) In a sufficient manner; enough.
1898, Winston Churchill, chapter 2, The Celebrity:
- Sunning himself on the board steps, I saw for the first time Mr. Farquhar Fenelon Cooke. […] A silver snaffle on a heavy leather watch guard which connected the pockets of his corduroy waistcoat, together with a huge gold stirrup in his Ascot tie, sufficiently proclaimed his tastes.
- Once we had eaten and drunk sufficiently, we padded off to sleep.
- (degree) To a sufficient extent.
- We wanted to build a tepee, but we couldn't find sufficiently long sticks.
in a sufficient manner