- To increase the power of an internal combustion engine (either Otto or Diesel cycle) by compressing the inlet air with power extracted from the crankshaft.
- To make faster or more powerful.
2014 April 13, Nick Bilton, “Bend it, charge it, dunk it: Graphene, the material of tomorrow”, in The New York Times:
- Graphene could change the electronics industry, ushering in flexible devices, supercharged quantum computers, electronic clothing and computers that can interface with the cells in your body.
- (heraldry) To overlay one charge upon another.
heraldry: to overlay one charge upon another
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
supercharge (plural supercharges)