- In a swift manner; quickly; with quick motion or velocity; fleetly.
- 1930, Norman Lindsay, Redheap, Sydney: Ure Smith, published 1965, page 21:
- Mrs. Piper cut short these piracies by swiftly removing his spoon.
- 2011 September 2, Phil McNulty, “Bulgaria 0-3 England”, in BBC:
- Gary Cahill, a target for Arsenal and Tottenham before the transfer window closed, put England ahead early on and Rooney was on target twice before the interval as the early hostility of the Bulgarian supporters was swiftly subdued.
- See also Thesaurus:quickly