synonymous (not comparable)
- (construed with with, narrower sense) having an identical meaning
- 1837, Letitia Elizabeth Landon, Ethel Churchill, volume 1, page 243:
- He was not far wrong, for nothing strikes me more forcibly than the universal tendency to grumble: conversation and complaint are synonymous terms.
- 2019 July 17, Talia Levin, “When Non-Jews Wield Anti-Semitism as Political Shield”, in GQ:
- Jews and Israel are not synonymous; nor is support for Palestine synonymous with anti-Semitism; nor is questioning the orthodoxy of the Republican party, which the majority of us do with relish, an insult to Jewry.
- (construed with with, broader sense) having a similar meaning
- (construed with with) of, or being a synonym
- (genetics, of a SNP) Such that both its forms yield the same sequenced protein.
having an identical meaning
having a similar meaning
of, or being a synonym