- (intransitive, slang) To protest against those favoring increasing economic power of the US federal government (as part of the Tea Party).
- 2010, John O'Hara, A New American Tea Party, page xx:
- And they don't want to tea bag alone, if that's even possible. They want you to start tea bagging, too.
- 2011, Scott Hennen and Jim Denney, Grass Roots: A Commonsense Action Agenda for America, page 39:
- Garofalo, who had never been to a tea party, proceeded to explain with absolute authority what is inside the soul of the “tea bagging rednecks” (her words) at these rallies.
small porous bag holding tea — see teabag