- (colloquial) A particularly special or compatible person or thing.
- I knew as soon I met him that John was the one for me and we were married within a month.
- That car's the one — I'll buy it.
- (colloquial) A particular person destined to save the universe or world, also called the Chosen One.
- Jesus Christ is the One. The savior.
- He (Neo) is The One.
- They, like me, believe him (Anakin Skywalker) to be the Chosen One.
- Only used as predicate.
person destined to save the universe or world, also called the Chosen One
- The person or thing.
- Here is the one I want to buy.