time of day
- The time according to the clock.
- A loosely specified period of time, minutes or hours in duration, especially daytime, or point in time.
- "At what time of day and year are the winds strongest?" / "Winter mornings, I think."
- She would fold laundry at this time of day.
- I love that time of day. The light is magical.
- The greeting appropriate to the time of day.
- That girl walking down the street wouldn't give me the time of day.
- (time according to the clock): time, clock time, o'clock (mostly dialect)
- (loosely specified period of time): time
- (loosely specified point in time): time, hour
- (greetings appropriate to the time of day):
- (times of day) time of day; dawn, morning, noon/midday, afternoon, dusk, evening, night, midnight (Category: en:Times of day)
time according to the clock — see time
loosely specified period of or point in time