- (said of objects) To become, to degenerate into.
- 2013 June 8, “Obama goes troll-hunting”, in The Economist, volume 407, number 8839, page 55:
- The solitary, lumbering trolls of Scandinavian mythology would sometimes be turned to stone by exposure to sunlight. Barack Obama is hoping that several measures announced on June 4th will have a similarly paralysing effect on their modern incarnation, the patent troll.
- all things turn to dust; iron turns to rust in the presence of air and water
- To consult for advice or help.
- When I'm in trouble, I turn to my pastor to help me.
- Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: see turn, to.
- Turn to the left up here.
- To start my homework, I had to turn to page twenty in my textbook.
to consult for advice