- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌjunɪˈfɔɹmɪti/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌjuːnɪˈfɔːmɪti/
- Hyphenation: uni‧form‧i‧ty
- The state of being uniform, alike and lacking variety.
- the uniformity of the decor
- 1962 December, “Talking of Trains: Rail and flange lubrication”, in Modern Railways, page 372:
- The uniformity of the wheel diameters of diesel and electric locomotives and m.u. trains impairs the spreading of grease from one point fed by the lubricator and the growing traffic of m.u. trains and railcars has increased the need for lubrication and for check rails in certain places.
- The absence of alternatives or diversity; sameness.
- (state of being uniform): See also Thesaurus:uniformity
- (absence of alternatives): See also Thesaurus:sameness
a state of being uniform