- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌjunɪˈvɝsəli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌjuːnɪˈvɜːsəli/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: uni‧ver‧sally
- In a universal manner.
- 1909, John Claude White, Sikhim and Bhutan, page 12:
- My experience of the people was that they were universally polite, civil, and clean, and during the whole time I spent in the country, I only saw one drunken man.
- (universal manner): See also Thesaurus:generally
in a universal manner
- universely, universaly, universelly, universalliche, unyversaliche, universaliche, unyversally, universalye
universally (Late Middle English)
- en masse; impacting or influencing everything or everyone.
- usually, commonly, frequently
- universally, always.
- (rare) entirely, fully.
- English: universally