up oneself (comparative more up oneself, superlative most up oneself)
- (Britain, Australia, New Zealand, slang) Smug; arrogant; self-important and self-satisfied.
- I don't like her; she is really up herself.
- Don't be so up yourself.
- 2010, Deb Fitzpatrick, 90 Packets of Instant Noodles, Fremantle Press, page 151,
- They′re older and taller and more up themselves.
- 2010, Jilly Cooper, Jump!, page 235,
- There was a lot of yard bitching about Michelle, who was getting more and more up herself.
- 2012, Alastair Campbell, The Burden of Power: Countdown to Iraq - The Alastair Campbell Diaries, unnumbered page,
- I had felt too that Putin was far grander than before, much more up himself, a bit peevish.