See also: vapourware
- vapourware (UK, Commonwealth)
- (computing) An advertised product, often computer software, whose launch has not happened yet and might not ever happen.
- 1983, Recording Engineer/producer, volume 14, number 3, page 18:
- Our hard-and-fast rule was that if we couldn't see it, it still resided in that special zone called "Vaporware."
- 2015, Randall G. Chapman, BRANDS: a marketing game:
- Vaporware appeals widely to industrial and consumer buyers.
- 2015, Richard Severson, Ethical Principles for the Information Age:
- Some would say that Microsoft engaged in a subtle form of vaporware by preannouncing its product before it was actually ready to be delivered, then, at the last minute, announcing a short delay.