- (transitive) to add variety to something; to diversify
- (transitive) to change the appearance of something, especially by covering with patches or streaks of different colour
- to dapple
- (to add variety): See also Thesaurus:diversify
- (to change the appearance of something): redecorate, remodel, reskin
- (to dapple): maculate, mottle, spot
variegate (not comparable)
- variegate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- variegate in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
- variegate at OneLook Dictionary Search