1956: First known usage
- Title: Military Public Works Construction. Author(s) United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Armed Services. Subcommittee on Real Estate and Military Construction Publisher U. S. Govt. Print. Page 290: "At Anacostia, the training that is done to naval aviators who are in the Reserve Services, weekend warrior(s) as it were, and they come to Anacostia to get their refresher training."
- A part-time soldier, or reservist
- Such was the pace with which I, and many like me, the so called ‘weekend warriors’ or Territorial Army, were hoisted aboard the Gulf War battle wagon.
- (idiomatic) A person who indulges in a sport or pastime on an infrequent basis, usually on weekends when work commitments are not present.
- The most common foot-related injury I see for the weekend warrior is heel pain.
- (infrequent participant in sport or pastime): lifestyler