See also: wind-board
windboard (plural windboards)
- A snowboard or surfboard with an attached sail
- (climbing, skiing) The hard crust formed by high winds on exposed snow.
- (agriculture) In a mechanical harvester, a board which shelters harvested grain and prevents it being blown away by the wind.
- 1935, Deere & Company, The Operation, Care, and Repair of Farm Machinery, page 114:
- The platform grain shield and the windboard at rear of the binder deck will assist in making better bundles and prevent scattering of grain, if properly adjusted for long or short straw.