- The skill of an artisan or craftsman.
- 1961 March, C. P. Boocock, “The organisation of Eastleigh Locomotive Works”, in Trains Illustrated, page 163:
- The standard of workmanship from Eastleigh Locomotive Works has often been acknowledged as being of a high order and this standard will have to be maintained - improved, even - when motive power other than steam is the mainstay of our railway system.
- The quality of something made by an artisan or craftsman.
- Mind you, clothes were clothes in those days. There was a great deal of them, lavish both in material and in workmanship.
the skill of an artisan or craftsman
the quality of something made by an artisan or craftsman