Audio (US) (file)
- (of a surface) Uneven, with many furrows and prominent points, often in reference to the skin or hide of animals.
- Synonym: wrinkly
- Antonym: unwrinkled
- As the ocean receded from the beach it left the sand appearing wrinkled.
- 1891, Oscar Wilde, chapter XX, in The Picture of Dorian Gray, London; New York, N.Y.; Melbourne, Vic.: Ward Lock & Co., OCLC 34363729, page 334:
- Lying on the floor was a dead man, in evening dress, with a knife in his heart. He was withered, wrinkled, and loathsome of visage. It was not till they had examined the rings that they recognized who it was.
having many wrinkles
- simple past tense and past participle of