मोक्ष (mokṣa) m
- (Hinduism) emancipation, liberation, release from; moksha
- release from worldly existence or transmigration, final or eternal emancipation.
- Name of particular sacred hymns conducive to final emancipation.
- (astronomy) the liberation of an eclipsed or occulted planet, the last contact or separation of the eclipsed and eclipsing bodies, end of an eclipse.
- falling off or down. (cf. गर्भ-)
- setting free, deliverance (of a prisoner).
- loosing, untying (hair).
- settling (a question).
- acquittance of an obligation, discharge of a debt (cf. रिण-)
- shedding or causing to flow (tears, blood etc.).
- casting, shooting, hurling.
- strewing, scattering.
- utterance (of a curse).
- relinquishment, abandonment.
- Name of the Divine mountain मेरु.
- Schrebera swietenioides L.
- Monier William's Sanskrit-English Dictionary, 2nd Ed. 1899