Last modified on 19 September 2009, at 09:30↑Jump back a section
- (auxiliary) too, too much; to exceed, to go beyond something
- Almost always written in hiragana (すぎる).
- When すぎる is attached to the end of other verbs and adjectives is denotes the meaning of "too much".
- (verbs) You attach the verb directly to the stem or the continuative form (連用形) of the verb:
- (na-adjectives) The verb is simply attached to the adjectives:
- (i-adjectives) You remove the last い (i) before attaching the verb: