镔铁 (simplified, Pinyin bīntiě, traditional 鑌鐵)
- (archaic) A type of refined iron, which was known for its hardness. It was often used in the making of sword blades.
- History of ferrous metallurgy on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:History of ferrous metallurgy#Early Developments in China
- (Can we date this quote?) Guanzhong Luo, Romance of the Three Kingdoms/Chapter 1 (in Mandarin/English):
- "New Research on Bin-tie" (in Mandarin/English), 自然科學史研究. URL accessed on 2009-05-09.
- "Polishing a 2000 year old Han sword..." (in English), China History Forum, Chinese History Forum. URL accessed on 2009-05-09.
- "镔铁" (in Mandarin), Guoyu Cidian On-line Mandarin Dictionary (國語辭典). URL accessed on 2009-05-09.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language