With reference to Numbers 17:8 (‘And it came to pass, that on the morrow Moses went into the tabernacle of witness; and, behold, the rod of Aaron for the house of Levi was budded, and brought forth buds, and bloomed blossoms, and yielded almonds.’ King James Version).
- Any of various plants with a tall flowering stem, especially
- (architecture) A rod-shaped molding decorated with an entwined snake, and sometimes leaves, vines, and/or scrolls.
- (archaic) A rod with one serpent twined around it, as used by Aaron (differing from the caduceus of Mercury, which has two serpents).
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Aaron's rod on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Verbascum thapsus on Wikispecies. Wikispecies: Verbascum thapsus
- Solidago on Wikispecies. Wikispecies: Solidago
- Sedum telephium on Wikispecies. Wikispecies: Sedum telephium