This is the main category of the Japanese language, represented in Wiktionary by the code ja. It is a member of the Japonic family and written in Japanese (kanji, hiragana and katakana), Latin and Hiragana scripts.
All terms in Japanese should be here, divided into subcategories by parts of speech, subjects, etc. A complete list may also be available at Index:Japanese.
Please see Wiktionary:About Japanese for considerations about Japanese entries.
Definitions, translations and related terms may be found at the entry Japanese.
- Category:Japanese parts of speech: Japanese terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Japanese morphemes: Morphemes used to form Japanese words.
- Category:Japanese phrases: Japanese groups of words elaborated to express ideas, not necessarily phrases in the grammatical sense.
- Category:Japanese symbols: Japanese characters that represent ideas, concepts, sounds and objects.
- Category:Japanese lexicons: Japanese terms categorized by their lexicons.
- Category:Japanese names: Japanese words that indicate names of individuals.
- Category:Japanese etymologies: Japanese terms categorized by their etymologies.
- Category:Terms derived from Japanese: Categories with terms derived from Japanese in various specific languages.
- Category:Regional Japanese: Japanese words categorized by regional dialects.
- Category:ja:All topics: Japanese words categorized by subject.
- Category:Japanese citations: Pages containing phrases as references and examples of specific Japanese terms.
- Category:Japanese appendices: Miscellaneous information about Japanese language.
- Category:Requests (Japanese): Japanese entries that need attention of experienced editors.
- Category:User ja: Wiktionary users categorized by fluency levels in Japanese.
- Category:Japanese templates: Japanese templates, containing reusable wiki code that help with creating and managing entries.
This category has the following 47 subcategories, out of 47 total.
Pages in category "Japanese language"
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total.