This is the main category of the Sanskrit language, represented in Wiktionary by the code sa. It is a member of the Indo-Aryan family and written in Devanagari, Bengali, Brahmi, Grantha, Gujarati, Gurmukhi, Kharoshthi, Kannada, Malayalam scripts.
All terms in Sanskrit should be here, divided into subcategories by parts of speech, subjects, etc. A complete list may also be available at Index:Sanskrit.
Please see Wiktionary:About Sanskrit for considerations about Sanskrit entries.
Definitions, translations and related terms may be found at the entry Sanskrit.
- Category:Sanskrit parts of speech: Sanskrit terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Sanskrit morphemes: Morphemes used to form Sanskrit words.
- Category:Sanskrit phrases: Sanskrit groups of words elaborated to express ideas, not necessarily phrases in the grammatical sense.
- Category:Sanskrit symbols: Sanskrit characters that represent ideas, concepts, sounds and objects.
- Category:Sanskrit lexicons: Sanskrit terms categorized by their lexicons.
- Category:Sanskrit etymologies: Sanskrit terms categorized by their etymologies.
- Category:Terms derived from Sanskrit: Categories with terms derived from Sanskrit in various specific languages.
- Category:sa:All topics: Sanskrit words categorized by subject.
- Category:Sanskrit appendices: Miscellaneous information about Sanskrit language.
- Category:Requests (Sanskrit): Sanskrit entries that need attention of experienced editors.
- Category:User sa: Wiktionary users categorized by fluency levels in Sanskrit.
- Category:Sanskrit templates: Sanskrit templates, containing reusable wiki code that help with creating and managing entries.
This category has the following 16 subcategories, out of 16 total.