From the OED:
(also blond)(chiefly of hair)
- fair or pale yellow
- her long blonde hair
- I had my hair dyed blonde.
- having hair of a fair or pale yellow color
- a tall blonde woman'
- having fair hair and a light complexion ...
- she was blonde and blue-eyed ...
And maybe someone forgot to tell M-W as well:
—spelled blond when used of a boy or man and often blonde when used of a girl or woman
- She has blonde highlights in her hair.
M-W and OED (retrived 29 Nov 11) agree that "blonde" with an "e" can also be used as an adjective when describing females. And since M-W is a US based wordbook, it also highlights that blonde with an "e" is still in use in the US as well. --AnWulf ... Ferþu Hal! 04:23, 29 November 2011 (UTC)Last modified on 29 November 2011, at 04:34