- (chiefly US) accouterment
From Middle French accoustrement, from accoustrer + -ment, from Old French acostrer (“arrange, sew up”).
Audio (US) (file)
accoutrement (plural accoutrements)
- The act of accoutering.
- An article of clothing or equipment, in particular when used as an accessory.
- (plural only) apparatus needed for a task or journey.
- (military, plural only) Equipment other than weapons and uniform.
- (plural only) trappings.
- An identifying yet superficial characteristic.
- IPA: /akutʁəmɑ̃/
accoutrement m (plural accoutrements)