From Middle English aventurous, aunterous, from Old French aventuros (whence French aventureux)
- (of a person) Inclined to adventure; willing to incur risks; prone to embark in hazardous enterprise; rashly daring.
- (of an act or product) Full of hazard; attended with risk; exposing to danger; requiring courage; rash.
- (inclined to adventure): enterprising, daring, dareful, venturesome, on the go, restless
- (full of hazard): rash, foolhardy, presumptuous, hazardous
inclined to adventure
full of hazard
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked