- Present participle of arm.
arming (plural armings)
- (nautical) A piece of tallow or soap put in the cavity and over the bottom of a sounding lead to pick up samples of the bottom of the sea.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Totten to this entry?)
- The act of supplying with arms and ammunition in preparation of a conflict
- The arming was now universal.
- (nautical, chiefly in the plural) One of the red dress cloths formerly hung fore and aft outside of a ship's upper works on holidays.
- FM 55-501 Marine Crewman’s Handbook