Last modified on 25 May 2013, at 02:18↑Jump back a section
- (usually pejorative) used to describe middle-class values in their attempt to give the semblance of discerning taste.
- Although there were more reasonably priced bottles of wine, they chose an expensive Malbec not for its flavor, but for its bourgie appeal.
- 2011, Jay-Z and Kanye West, "Niggas in Paris", Watch the Throne:
- Bourgie girl / Grab her hand / Fuck that bitch, she don't wanna dance
- 2012, Sarah Nicole Prickett, "Kristen Stewart should not have apologized, and here's why", The Globe and Mail, 29 July 2012:
- It takes on faith a heterogeneous, bourgie morality and gives the lie that tween girls – or, more accurately, their movie-ticket-buying parents – want to hear.
bourgie (plural bourgies)