See also chiaroscurò
- (art) An artistic technique developed during the Renaissance, referring to the use of exaggerated light contrasts in order to create the illusion of volume.
- (art) A monochrome picture made by using several different shades of the same color.
- (art) The use of blocks of wood of different colors in a woodcut.
- (photography) A photographic technique in which one side of a face (for example) is well lit and the other is in shadow.
- (photography): Rembrandt lighting
chiaroscuro m (plural chiaroscuri)
- first-person singular present indicative of chiaroscurare