choke up (third-person singular simple present chokes up, present participle choking up, simple past and past participle choked up)
Last modified on 11 January 2013, at 06:40
- (intransitive) To (temporarily) lose one's power of speech, because of embarrassment, fear etc.
- Hearing that song always makes me choke up.
- (transitive) To block up, to cause something to be blocked.
- (transitive) To block, to block up (figuratively).
- (baseball, intransitive) To hold the bat higher (farther from the knob) than is normal.