- Homophones: complimentary
- Acting as a complement.
- (genetics) Of the specific pairings of the bases in DNA and RNA.
- (physics) Pertaining to pairs of properties in quantum mechanics that are inversely related to each other, such as speed and position, or energy and time. (See also Heisenberg uncertainty principle.)
- Complementary and complimentary are frequently confused and misused in place of one another.
acting as a complement
of the specific pairings of the bases in DNA and RNA
complementary (plural complementaries)
- A complementary colour.
- (obsolete) One skilled in compliments.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Ben Jonson to this entry?)